Tuesday, April 29, 2008

21 Questions


Some may know, some may not - I'm temping this week and so between waiting for the phone to ring and someone to assign me a task like faxing or copying, I have spent a good part of the day reading New York Magazine online.

After reading NY Magazine's 350 entries of "21 Questions" I felt doing one of my own. So here are my 21 Questions...

Name
Christina Algeciras

Age
31

Occupation
Temp, dog sitter, freelance designer and researcher, blogger, aspiring artist, aspiring yoga teacher and whatever else I can do to make a few bucks.

Neighborhood
Kensington, Brooklyn (yeah, nobody else knows where it is either)

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
Realistically, probably my friends, cause I love em!

What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
Too many to even say but anything at Da Ciro's ranks pretty high.

In one sentence, what do you do all day?
God only knows.

Would you still live here on a $35,000 salary?
Yes

What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
Lots of people trying to cross the street.

Do you give money to panhandlers?
Sometime yes, sometimes no.

What's your drink?
Tea, water, beer or a vodka tonic (not all at once, of course).

How often do you prepare your own meals?
About 75% of the time and that includes reheating.

What's your favorite medication?
Sunshine, reggae yoga and glassy surf on a warm day.

What's hanging above your sofa?
Nothing, I have no wall behind my sofa.

How much is too much for a haircut?
Anything over $60.00 but I haven't cut my hair in over a year.

When is bedtime?
Usually too late.

Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?
I'm not equipped to make that comparison, but I can say I generally avoid all of Times Square.

What do you think about Donald Trump?
Tacky.

What do you hate most about living in New York?
NYPD Traffic Police, endless construction on the BQE and the high cost of living.

Who is your mortal enemy?
I could not really say I have a mortal enemy but I don't care much for people who are mean or have attitude problems.

When's the last time you drove a car?
Last night, reparking on the Upper West Side.

Who should be the next president?
Someone who is not a "politician".

Times, Post or Daily News?
Times online when I have nothing else to do, but generally I avoid newspapers.

Where do you go to be alone?
Just about anywhere, but I have a spot in Central Park, a bench in Dante Square or a seat in my car for a drive to the beach.

What makes someone a New Yorker?
Knowing how to navigate through pedestrian traffic and standing on the street NOT on the curb when waiting to cross the street.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hvae not been here for a while , so decided to see what you doing ,who needs a job when you have all those things to do , anyway are you sure you dont want to work in Miami? keep smiling , Mick

Anonymous said...

31? How time flies! Da Ciro's is good but there are so many unique places that it makes it tough to decide. Plus at my age, I can't remember names of places. La Orange Bleue is good too. NY is nice if you live "upstate" about 35 miles. Too many people in the city.